Saturday, October 20, 2012

First month progression check

And honestly, I feel like I've been here for too long, much longer than a month. I've completely forgotten the smell of my niece and nephew.... It is heartbreaking to see them only through Skype video calls because they grow up too fast. Just yesterday they were still bald. Today they could already imitate me clapping my hands and I've witnessed them go berserk at each other.


Back to me.

I could get use to this new life. It is the only choice I have and I am going to be optimistic about it. Let's start. First, my course units are interesting;
  1. Introduction to Computer Graphics
    - Basic Illustrator and Photoshop and SketchUp again.
  2. Scripting and Interactive Web
    - Flash and Programming!! my favourite.
  3. Web Engineering and Design
    - Big website development, business team role-play project. Serious stuff.
  4. Digital Filming and Technology
    - Basically learning the filming terms, technics, equipments, setting and more with workshops.
  5. E-Portfolio
    - Assistance upon preparing my own web based portfolio/CV.
  6. Foundation in 3D Modelling
    - Rendering 3D objects and mock-ups using AutoDesk 3Ds Max with some dang Maths and Physics concepts. For now, is the hardest thing ever. 

    I cried when I failed to make my ball bounce convincingly, and I cried again even when I did it!
Then, I have a personal tutor and I sense he is a sneaky guy. He has white hair and a deep voice, but he knows who is dating who in the faculty and I hope he will never found this blog. I like my room in Trafalgar Hall. I also really like the fact that my Hall and my faculty building are literally opposite each other, like if I have class at 10:00AM, I could roll out off bed at 9.45AM and I'll still be early (possibly looking like crap at the same time).

Now I'm already in my week 4 of lectures, practicals and workshops. First coursework has been given out and I'm scratching my head.

I made new friends...... and I commit myself to always keep in touch with my hometown friends. I refuse to let the typical, "I can't hear you", "your face is pixelated" -those sort of connection problems from effecting anything even though it can be pretty tiring sometimes. Hm. Then time difference. That's inevitable, but it is actually not that bad to receive 200+ notifications on Whatsapp to wake up to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment